Look at what just arrived in the post 😍

very excited to try this out. thank you for the recommendation @addaon!

2 Likes

Congrats! Let us know what you think!

1 Like

I have been researching a good two person tent for hiking/backpacking - can’t wait to buy one - which one did you opt for and why? I am curious… :hiking_boot: :deciduous_tree:

yeah, I did quite a bit research and kept going back and forth on options… there’s just so much information out there.

In the end, I went with the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL1 which is a 1 person tent. My criteria was roughly the following:

• I wanted a tent that weighs 1kg or less and packs up fairly small in the bag
  • I wanted a free-standing tent because i’m not super experienced with tent pitching. I figured this would give me some more room for error.
  • Although I wanted something lightweight, I also wanted it to be sturdy. Again, I wanted some room for error due to my lack of experience.
  • I wanted something that i could comfortably sit up in.

I went for the Big Agnes tent because it fit those requirements and was really well rated on various websites (like here). The 2 person version of it is only 2-300g heavier and has quite a bit more space, but I have a decent 2 person tent that I share with my partner (the MSR elixir 2) so just went for the 1 person option.

The other tent I was looking at was the MSR Hubba Hubba (which has both a 2 person and 1 person option). The specs are very similar to the Big Agnes Copper Spur so it could have gone either way, but I just went for the Copper Spur because I preferred the colour (lol).

If you’re sharing the weight with someone else or don’t mind carrying a bit more weight, I do recommend the MSR elixir 2. I used it in a proper storm near Dartmoor and it performed really really well.