Top tip: take CBD oil

I have a chronic hip injury so some amount of pain on the trail is inevitable for me. I also can’t take Ibuprofen because I’m susceptible to stomach ulcers. I’m a broken man, I know :sweat_smile:

On my last big(ish) trail, I decided to take a small (10ml) bottle of CBD oil with me. I already take CBD oil every day, both as a way to relax and for pain relief, so I knew the effects pretty well before hiking. For me, it worked a treat. I was able to carry on through the hike without too much pain and I slept like a baby in the evenings. I’d definitely recommend trying it out :+1:

2 Likes

Great tip! I make my own oil and made over a liter last weekend.

During the GR20 I brought some bags of the ‘animal vitamin packs’, which I also gave to some fellow hikers. That really gives a lot of energy and boost! Can really recommend taking these before a big climb.

1 Like

Oh, nice! How do you make your own oil? With regular weed or does it need to be a special type?

Haven’t heard of the animal vitamin pack… what is it? Is it this https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Pak-Multivitamin-Antioxidants-Bodybuilders/dp/B000GOT54C?

"Oh, nice! How do you make your own oil? With regular weed or does it need to be a special type?"

I think you can use most weed, but it is better to use an Indica which generally contains more CBD. Last season I had a huge plant and had a lot of the leftovers after cutting. So, leaves and small buds. Put that in a grinder and put it in the oven for a bit to carbonize the CBD and THC. After that, you just put it in oil and leave it around 50 degrees Celsius for a couple of hours. Really simple! You can add some extra weed to make it stronger. Mine is pretty strong…tested it out this week and fell asleep right after :joy:

Haven’t heard of the animal vitamin pack… what is it? Is it this

Yep, that is it! Every dose contains 11 pills and it is really good for hiking! I gave it to a guy who did 2 sections of the GR20 in one day and met him later and he thanked me for it. The downside is that it is a lot of pills and some are large, so you need to have no problem downing them.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s a lot! I’ll definitely look into it. I was planning on taking some turmeric tablets on my next hike, but this looks like a slight step up from that :sweat_smile: